Facial reconstruction

Search LJMU Research Online

Browse Repository | Browse E-Theses

The UKIRT Hemisphere Survey: Definition and Full J-band Data Release

Dye, S, Lawrence, A, Read, MA, Fan, X, Kerr, T, Varricatt, W, Furnell, KE, Edge, A, Irwin, M, Hambly, N, Lucas, P, Almaini, O, Chambers, K, Green, R, Hewett, P, Liu, M, McGreer, I, Best, W, Zhang, Z, Sutorius, E , Froebrich, D, Magnier, E, Hasinger, G, Lederer, SM and Bold, M (2017) The UKIRT Hemisphere Survey: Definition and Full J-band Data Release. Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, 473 (4). pp. 5113-5135. ISSN 0035-8711

1707.09975v1.pdf - Accepted Version

Download (567kB) | Preview


This paper defines the UK Infra-red Telescope (UKIRT) Hemisphere Survey (UHS) and release of the complete J-band dataset. The UHS provides continuous coverage in the northern hemisphere from a declination of 0 deg to 60 deg by combining the existing Large Area Survey, Galactic Plane Survey and Galactic Clusters Survey conducted under the UKIRT Infra-red Deep Sky Survey (UKIDSS) programme with a new additional ~12,700 sq.deg area not covered by UKIDSS. This data release includes J-band imaging and source catalogues over the new area, which, together with UKIDSS, completes the J-band UHS coverage over the full ~17,900 sq.deg area. 98 per cent of the data in this release have passed quality control criteria, the remaining 2 per cent being scheduled for re-observation. The median 5-sigma point source sensitivity of the released data is 19.6 mag (Vega). The median full width at half-maximum of the point spread function across the dataset is 0.75 arcsec. In this paper, we outline the survey management, data acquisition, processing and calibration, quality control and archiving as well as summarising the characteristics of the released data products. The data are initially available to a limited consortium with a world-wide release scheduled for August 2018.

Item Type: Article
Uncontrolled Keywords: astro-ph.IM; astro-ph.IM; astro-ph.GA
Subjects: Q Science > QB Astronomy
Q Science > QC Physics
Divisions: Astrophysics Research Institute
Publisher: Oxford University Press
Related URLs:
Date Deposited: 14 Aug 2018 09:10
Last Modified: 04 Sep 2021 11:19
URI: https://researchonline.ljmu.ac.uk/id/eprint/6879
View Item View Item